The Fiamme Gialle Sports Groups
Sport is an important training tool for everyone.
The Guardia di Finanza entrusts the promotion of competitive sport activities to the “Fiamme Gialle” Sport Centre, whose goal is to enhance the Corps’ prestige in all respects, as well as the national sport heritage.
The “Fiamme Gialle” athletes compete in national and international competitions and achieve excellent results in the following sports:
- I Nucleo (Athletics), in Castelporziano (Rome);
- I Nucleo (Judo, Karate, Swimming and Diving, Fencing, Target & Skeet Shooting), in Castelporziano (Rome);
- III Nucleo (Rowing and Canoeing), in Sabaudia (Latina);
- IV Nucleo (Sailing), in Gaeta (Latina);
- V Nucleo (Skiing, Biathlon, Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined, Bobsled, and Speed Skating), in Predazzo (Trento).
Their palmares include 80 Olympic medals (28 gold, 20 silver and 32 bronze), 10 Paralympic (5 gold, 4 silver and 1 bronze) as well as 79 world champion titles.
The Fiamme Gialle Sports Groups work in synergy with CONI and with the Sports Federations for the development of sport, the organization of national and international sporting events and the promotion of sport and its values through the Youth Sections.
They have always been close to the world of schools due to the importance of sports, with its noble values, for the formation of the personality of children. Particular attention is also dedicated to solidarity, with many initiatives towards people who live in situations of suffering or social hardship.