The Corps avails itself of the following structure:
- General Headquarters, responsible for laying down strategic guidelines, top management, institutional and international relationships;
- Special Departments - specialized units set up to investigate specific operating sectors or to correspond to Central Institutional Authorities. In the areas of their respective competence, they carry out investigative analyses, constituting the primary reference for the Authorities and for the Departments operating in the area. Specifically, the Command of Special Departments manages:
- the for Economic and Finance Protection Command, competent for the protection of savings, public economy, of financial markets. For these activities, it avails itself of the Currency Police Special Unit and of Moreover, through the Special Revenue Unit, the Special Unit for Public Spending and EU Fraud Repression and Special Antitrust Unit, it carries out studies and analyses resulting in operational “projects” for the local units;
- the Special Units Command, working directly for the independent administrative authorities, the Parliamentary commissions of enquiry and the other central Authorities. Special Units staff work to counter corruption, economic-financial offences committed electronically and to protect market rules (like “protection of brands, patents and intellectual property”, “audiovideo and IT piracy” and “crimes against public economy, industry and trade”). Specifically, the Command of Special Units, manages the Special Anti-Corruption Unit, the Special Unit for Parliamentary Inquiry Committees, the Special Unit for the Protection of Privacy and Technological Fraud, and the Special Unit for Goods and Services;
- the Central Investigation Service on Organized Crime which, operates to contrast organised crime. In this context, it takes care of the information link, carries out analytical activities, maintains operational relations with the National Anti-Mafia and Anti-Terrorism Prosecutor, draws up operational projects and carries out service activities directly;
- Central Aero Naval Command is responsible for the management, coordination and control of operations, training, logistics and administration for the Corps’ high sea structures, to which the following structures report:
- the Naval Air Operations Command at Pomezia - Pratica di Mare (RM), with three Aeronaval Groups and the Aeromarine Exploration Group;
- the Naval Centre (Formia - LT), and the Aviation Centre (Pratica di Mare - RM), with technical, logistical and administrative support functions related to specific sectors and tasks relating to ship and air standardization respectively.
- Territorial Units, to ensure the maintenance of economic-financial security, with the following distribution:
- 6 Interregional Commands, which perform functions of command, coordination and control in relation to the Regional Commands, located in macro-areas of the national territory, economically and socially homogeneous;
- 19 Regional Commands, with the task of addressing and controlling the Commands and Departments located in the respective Region1 (usually, one or more Provincial Commands and an Air-Naval Operations Department);
- 106 Provincial Commands, located within the administrative provinces of the State, which coordinate the activity of the dependent operational departments which, overall, consist of 106 Economic and financial police units (specialized in tax, economic and financial investigations with a strong operational projection), 156 Groups, 25 Metropolitan Operational Units, 162 Companies, 211 Tenences and 28 SAGF Stations2, which are responsible for carrying out all the institutional tasks;
- 15 Air-Naval Operational Departments, which are responsible for the operational coordination of the means of the naval air component of the Corps. Depend on them one or more Naval Stations, Air Sections and Naval Operational Sections.
1With the exception of the Piedmont-Valley of Aosta Regional Command, based in Turin and covering both regions.
2Including the SAGF station in Antrodoco (institution pending implementation).